How many people do you know who eat when they are stressed? In this course, we will take an in-depth look at what science has to say about our eating behaviors, the role our hormones play and how we can turn this knowledge into action to manage our own (and our clients') diets. Participants will be able to discuss how hormones affect hunger, detail the impact that stress has on dietary intake and provide clients with tips and solutions to manage their diet despite their stress-and all within scope of practice.
By Jenna Bell-Wilson, PhD, RD, LD
- Outline the factors that affect our eating behavior—from environment to physiology.
- Describe physiological factors that stimulate our appetite.
- Understand how our body regulates our food intake.
- Describe how our stress influences our eating patterns.
- Describe how stress may influence weight gain.
- List healthy strategies for relieving stress.
|Are You Hungry or Stressed? ||Video (Session)|